This year my birthday was finally a good one :) I treated myself to a spa day, so was feeling really pretty when I met Phil to go out to eat...He had bought a suit awhile ago and hasn't had the chance to wear it yet...so, he put that on...and whew boy, did he look awesome!! He took me out to a really nice restaurant downtown. We walked on a bridge overlooking the Cumberland River and it was just a really peaceful, nice evening! He did really good with gifts too - he knows that I love experiences, so he is taking me to a ropes course/zip line experience this Saturday... And he also gave me a coupon to buy a BBQ with him... :) (yes, I had requested that ;)) I'm REALLY excited to grill this spring/summer!
His parents were in town this past week, and I had Friday off. His mom ended up with pneumonia :( so they took it easy. Friday we took the kids to a trampoline park, and there were these beautiful flowering trees outside the building, so we had to take a picture...
Sunday we went for a walk by the river. I feel like below is my official "mom" picture...who gets to hold jackets? Yup, that'd be me ;) Tho, in Phil's defense, he is very quick to help. I thought it was a cute initiation rite into mom hood tho.
Ellie got her hair braided in Mexico, and let me put dandelions in where her beads were, so that was fun :)
Phil has learned from me - they played baseball with a big stick as the bat, and little sticks as the ball :)
I taught the kids how to run and jump, and have so me one take the picture from down low so it looks like you're jumping really high...
And we had several foot races that didn't tire out the kids enough... haha
Anyways, it was a really nice, relaxing weekend. Hard to come back to work today, but oh well. Nice to have vacation too! And to have a good birthday :)




Looks like a good time was had by all! The picture of you and Phil in your fancy clothes is downright gorgeous of you, and handsome of Phil! So glad you had a a wonderful birthday!
ReplyDelete